High Quality of Animal Breeds center was established under the Decision No. 1386/QD-NNH, in August 30, 2011 by the Rector of Hanoi University of Agriculture (now is the Vietnam National University of Agriculture) inherited from the project invested by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the results of Vietnam-Belgium cooperation. After a period of effective operation, with the support and attention of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Party Committee, and the Academy's Board of Directors, the Ministry has assigned more tasks to import, breed and keep a number of domestic animals. In addition, not only the stress-resistant Pietrain pig, Duroc but also other breeds of pigs and livestock such as Landrace, Yorshire, Super SM3 duck and BBB, Brahman cow... To promote existing strengths, realize combat missions. The Academy's strategy contributes better to the general development of the Livestock industry in particular and the Agriculture sector in general, especially in line with the functions and tasks; suitable for existing livestock, the Party Committee, Council, and Board of Directors of the Academy approved the project to change its name to the Center for High Quality Livestock Breeds according to Decision No. 3580/QD/HVN dated 7/11/2016.
- Maintaining, exploiting, selecting and developing high quality livestock breeds under the brand name of the VNUA
- Improve the quality of training, vocational training and scientific research
- Maintain, exploit, select and develop high quality livestock breeds.
- The process of caring, nurturing and managing animal health
Training, Transfer and Service
- Training, vocational training, training, breeding
- Transfer of livestock and veterinary techniques
- Trading in breeding and breeding materials.
- Organizing consulting activities and services related to livestock.
- Testing seeds, animal feed, veterinary drugs...
Center Director: Associate Professor. Pham Kim Dang
Masters: Giang Hoang Ha
Engineer: Nguyen Van Thong
Technicians: Tran Danh Manh
Partnering units: East Sea Company, Hanoi Large Cattle Breeding Company
CURRENT TYPES OF VARIETIES IN THE CENTER
- Pigs: Stress-resistant Piétrain, Duroc, Landrace, Yorkshire: purebred and crossbred.
- Duck: Purebred Cherry Duck (Star 53)
- Pigeon: Purebred Titan and Mimax
- Pheasant: Green pheasant, red pheasant and those’s hybrid.
- Cattle: BBB and Brahman.
SOME PICTURES OF THE CENTER
Announcement of the decision to establish a Center for High Quality Animal Breeds
Cooperation signing ceremony with partners
Breeds at the Center